Foreward

"Venge is my dream of a hero and his quest for love. And in this dream I have to do things that scare me.

I am MidKnight, and these are my Knightmares. "

-Sunday, December 13, 2009


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Inspiracy

Another month gone by the wayside.
Nothing additional to show for it but the love and affection of another.
It is not that I do not appreciate that sort of attention (quite the contrary), it is just that I do not feel completed yet.
No, not incomplete, just not completed.
My dreams are still only captured images from REM sleep.

My story, the story of Venge, is a haunting, creative tease.
Free time begets play time. Playtime is not productive. Free time is fleeting.

It is fulfilling to claim that I am some sort of aspiring graphic novelist.
I will go on at length about the story to be told.
But this, is delusional.

The church used to sponsor artists to create great works of art.
Today, quantity is more rewarding than quality.
I lack either.

I currently work a job to work towards my goal.
When, in actuality, I work towards maintaining my health (mental and physical).
While my spiritual health is failing.

What I want and what I get are rarely the same.
And what I need is only minimal.

I maintain that I may not be the right guy to create this...


but I'm the only guy who can.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, that free time is extremely valuable.

    I recently cleared a project off my side desk. I generated nearly a thousand images ranging from 10 x 20 to 480 x 800 resolution for a turn based strategy game for the Windows Phone 7 platform. I also generated around 20,000 words for that project to help guide other people on the project and create institutional memory within our small game studio.

    It used up a year's worth of my free time as a side project beyond my usual 8-10 hours of writing.

    My MtG Cards are dusty, my WoW account sorely neglected, and my brand new copy of Fallout: Las Vegas still sits in the plastic wrapper. I knew when I took on that side project I would not be able to do a lot of the things I normally would to unwind.

    It was stressful. Being on the other side of that project, I feel an immense amount of satisfaction that another two level 85 characters on my WoW account couldn't begin to bring.

    Make your free time work for you, and play later. Even if it merely puts you on the other side of twenty pages worth rendered, you'd be able to say you are, what you are hoping to one day be. Go-go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this out, if you haven't already,

    http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=13633

    ReplyDelete